Friday 26 March 2010

Review: Nanny Returns - Nicole Kraus, Emma McLaughlin

It's ten years after Nan was fired from her Nanny position with the Xs and she's returning to New York. A late-night drunken visit from Grayer X - now fifteen - draws Nan back into the lives of the family. Feeling guilty for abandoning Grayer all those years ago, Nan finds herself agreeing to help him and his seven-year-old brother, Stilton, through their parents divorce.

I'm not usually a chick lit fan but as I'd read the Nanny Diaries I figured I'd give it a shot.I also quite liked the film of the original - although I think that was mostly due to Chris Evans being 'Harvard Hottie' lol!

Generally my thoughts were that this book was ok. Some bits were good, some a little dull, in my opinion. There seemed to be too much filler information for my liking and it took me about half of the book to figure out what Nan was doing as a job. The general plot was ok but I'm not sure I really connected to any of the characters.

If you liked the first book and the genre then you might enjoy it.

Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails