Friday 2 December 2011

Follow Friday 2/12/11


Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee. Just click on the banner below to see the rules and to join in.

This week's question is:
Question: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don't like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!

Most of my pet peeves are little minor irritations really:
1 - Ridiculous character names. I can deal with one 'unique' name per book, any more really bugs me. Also it needs to fit with the characters personality (well more the parents really as they apparently named them). Sometimes I just long for a character called John or Jane. Obviously fantasy and sci-fi books are allowed a little more freedom with names.

2 - Over description of clothing/appearance. I don't need to know what colour someone's t-shirt is and I really don't care about it either.

3 - So called smart girls who act dumb in front of boys.

4 - Absent parents. I've seen this mentioned on a couple of blogs and it's all too common in YA books.

5 - Lame bad guys. This includes nice vampires and such.

Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails