Wednesday 25 August 2010

Library Loot - 25 August

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Clare at The Captive Reader and Marg at Reading Adventures that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

I only called in at the library to drop off some books today but naturally had to have a browse. With having so many of my usual type of book already on my tbr pile, I decided to challenge myself to only check out books that I normally wouldn't with view to reading out of my 'comfort zone'.

So, I got:

Every Boy's Book of Knowledge: A Giant Compendium of Yesteryear's Facts Mummy Said the F-word

Although I love random facts and general knowledge, I very rarely read non-fiction books. I might in the future try to do so more often. Also, yes, I know I'm not a boy but boys books are more fun sometimes hehe

Mummy Said the F-word - Fiona Gibson

I'm really not a 'chic-lit' kind of person but the title of this caught my attention =D It's also out of my comfort zone in that it's a hard back and I tend not to read them much - too heavy to carry around lol

Wild Country - Noel Loomis

This is the one that's probably most out of  my comfort zone as I don't think I've ever read a Western novel before. I picked a short one so it wouldn't be quite as daunting!

Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails