Sunday 27 February 2011

Review: Outside In - Maria V Snyder

Outside In (Harlequin Teen)Title: Outside In
Author: Marie V Snyder
Format: ebook (net galley)
Pages: 320
Genre: Sci-fi, Dystopia
Published: 1st March 2011 (Harlequin Teen)

Me? A Leader? Okay, I did prove that there's more to Inside than we knew. That a whole world exists beyond this cube we live in. And finding that led to a major rebellion - between worker scrubs like me and the snobby uppers who rule our world. Make that ruled. Because of me, we're free. I thought that meant I was off the hook, and could go off on my own again - while still touching base with Riley, of course. He's the one upper I think I can trust. But then we learned that there's outside and then there is Outside. And something from Outside wants In.
My review of Inside Out, the first book of the series, can be found here.

*Possible spoilers of Inside Out*

Following the rebellion and the discovery of Outside, the people of Inside are struggling to deal with their new found freedom. Things haven't gone quite as planned and the Committee (those now in charge) are having to take measures which make them not so different from the previous leaders.Trella expected a quiet life following the rebellion but people are expecting her to step up and be a leader. And then they have the issue of something trying to get Inside.

Outside In follows on nicely from the previous book with a little recapping of what happened without repeating too much. The story is as exciting as the first, full of twists and turns, leaving you not knowing what is going to happen next or who to trust. There's plenty of action going on as well as getting to know the characters more and exploring the relationships between them. We also find out more about the history of Inside.

A great story world and impressive writing makes this one of my favourite books of the year so far.

Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails