Saturday 22 May 2010

Review: Hunted - PC and Kristin Cast

Hunted (House of Night Novels)
*Possible spoilers for previous books in the series*

The good news: Zoey’s friends have her back again and Stevie Rae and the red fledglings aren’t Neferet’s secrets any longer. The bad news: Ancient evil with the face of an angel has been let loose – that and various other nasties (whose faces aren’t so angelic). Grandma Redbird is in trouble. Heath is in trouble. The House of Night is in trouble. Okay, let’s face it – Zoey’s whole world is in trouble! But when the trouble comes from a being who appears to be beauty personified, will the world believe it? Especially when only a teenager and a group of misfits are the only ones who really understand the danger he brings. Will Zoey have the strength and wisdom to reveal the truth? Especially when, in the House of Night, the truth is often hard to come by… (Goodreads)

I've been putting off writing this review for a few weeks, mostly because I'm so conflicted with the House of Night series at the moment. There's parts that really annoy me, yet for some reason I want to know what happens. I know a lot of people really like these books so there must be something good but, I don't know, I just find myself frustrated when I'm reading them. My main dislikes of the series is that I don't particularly like the characters with the exception of Aphrodite and I'm totally not with the vamp lore - they're just not very vampirey to me. The thing that's kept me reading though was the plot being interesting enough to make me want to read more ...

Until we get to Hunted. I was actually bored while reading this book and ended up skimming parts of it, just to get the main points of what was happening - which to be honest, didn't seem like a lot most of the time. I've found with the House of Night books, it doesn't really matter if you miss a vital plot point anyway because it's bound to be repeated at least four times when the characters tell each other what has just happened. It's only about three or four weeks since I read this book and I can't really remember what happened. There was bits of action, sure, and more Zoey doesn't know which boyfriend she wants (sooo annoying), the rest of her friends being a bit blah ... but in terms of moving the whole plot forward, nothing major seemed to have happened.

I was going to take a break from the series and come back to it later, but then I saw Tempted in at the library and figured I might as well get it to save me having to order it another time. So yes, despite everything, I'm still going to read the other books because I want to know what happens, lol.

Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails