Monday 30 January 2012

It's Monday - 30th January 2012




It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly event to celebrate what we are reading for the week hosted at Book Journey. Post the books completed last week, the books you're currently reading, and the books to be read this week. Teach Mentor Texts also hosts an It's Monday for blogs that are predominantly kidlit, from picture books to YA.

Please comment or leave a link to let me know what you're reading this week!

Completed last week



My first completed book of the week was Legend by Marie Lu. You can read my full review here but a quick summary would be "awesome". If you're a fan of dyslit (or even if you aren't) this is a must. I think it's already available in the US and it's released this week over here in the UK.
I also read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins which was a reread for me. I'm a bit caught up in the pre-movie hype at the moment so I wanted to read it again before that comes out. So two great Dystopians made a great reading week.

Currently Reading



I'm about a quarter of the way through The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothernberg, I'm still a little undecided about this one. I think it's one of those books that's actually good but not quite my thing. I started Keeper of the Realms: Crow's Revenge by Marcus Alexander last week but temporarily put it aside as I wasn't quite feeling it, although I don't know why. I'm going to give it another shot this week. Orphans of War by Leah Flemming is my 'out of comfort zone' book which I'm trying to do more of this year.

Up soon



I've had Variant by Robinson Wells on my tbr pile since before Christmas and as it's one of my Amazon Vine reads I want to get to it soon so I can get my review up. Also up soon (when it comes in the library) is The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman. I received The Last Four Things by the same author for review this week and I wanted to read The Left Hand of God first.


Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails