Tuesday 21 September 2010

Teaser Tuesday (21)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others.
* Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Two teasers again this week:

City of Glass - Cassandra Clare

City of Glass (Mortal Instruments)

This one's a little longer than usual. I thought it was a great example of the excellent dialogue in the Mortal Instruments series, in this case between Simon and Jace, but I couldn't cut it down any with out loosing the effect. 

"Look, did you ask me to come all the way uptown just so you could stare at me like I was something in a petri dish? Next time I'll send you a photo."

"And I'll frame it and put it on my nightstand," said Jace, but he didn't sound as if his heart were in the sarcasm. "Look, I asked you here for a reason. Much as I hate to admit it, vampire, we have something in common."

"Totally awesome hair?" Simon suggested, but his heart wasn't really in it either.

Revolution - Jennifer Donnelly

My heart is beating really fast.I'm so excited by all of this that I start fingering the measures on an invisible fret board, without even thinking. And tapping the beat with my foot. And singing the notes. "Ba ba ba BAH da dadadada DAH da ..."

Disqus for A Trillian Books

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails